Tuesday 5 July 2016

Welcome to Mala Layouts By Mike.

I've always wanted to own my own arcade games. It was a dream of mine to have my childhood favorites in my "man cave" when I became a home owner. I'm thrilled to say that I achieved that goal.
Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, and Popeye all in original Nintendo arcade cabinets now reside in my basement.

But these cabinets are more than just what they appear on the outside. Inside some have PC's , and the others have Jamma multi boards. The ones that do have PC's however all have Mala !

Mala has simply put become my favorite, go to frontend for all my arcade projects.
A few years ago I showcased some of my work here (and still do)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,108912.0.html
I was approached by a user asking what it would cost to create a custom layout for him.
A light bulb went off in my head, perhaps others would be interested in my services ?
The rest is history as they say, not great history, just my history.

If I were to guess I'd say for myself, friends, and customers I've done 100 layouts ?
I've never had an issue, and every customer has been thrilled.
In fact it was a customer who suggested I look for another place to showcase my work.

It took my awhile to get here, but here I am.
Here you will find samples of my work, specs on the work, and in some cases I'll detail the process or time that went into it. I'll also ask the customers (if they so choose) to leave a public comment about the layout the received.

I'm hoping people in the coin-op scene will find this page of some interest.
I welcome any and all feedback, criticism, and opinions.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment